Here are a few useful dishwasher tips that dishwasher owners should know to make sure they are getting the great results from their dishwashers.
General Dishwasher Tips
- Always scrape off excess food before loading.
- There is no need to wash your dishes in the sink first when using modern dishwashers and high quality Finish® products.
- Load and sort dishes according to manufacturer instructions, allowing water to circulate and reach all items. See How to Load a Dishwasher
- Ensure sprayer arms can rotate and spray water freely. They get blocked by large items such as utensils and pan handles so always give the sprayer arm a spin before pressing start.
- Avoid using old or damp detergent (as its cleaning abilities would be limited) and use a high quality Finish® detergent.
- Read and follow all the detergent pack instructions and use right dosages.
- Finish® rinse aids offer spot and film protection, boost drying results, and deliver shine.
- Remove and clean the filters regularly.
- Use Finish® Dishwasher Cleaner to clear build-up of grease and limescale once a month.
Energy and water saving dishwasher tips
- Do not pre-rinse dishes by hand. Energy Star says on average, a consumer uses 20 gallons of water per load pre-rinsing dishes.
- Fully load the dishwasher, leaving room for water to circulate.
- Use the auto or normal wash cycle as your every day program.
- Check and clean drains, filters, sprayer arms and rubber seals regularly to ensure efficient operation.
Food Particles and Residue